We understand that it’s a crowded world out there, especially in the book business…
How can you reach out to your potential readers? How can you entice them in and get them to buy your book when there’s so much choice, so much competition… and so much noise?
Unfortunately there’s no fixed strategy. A one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work.
Just like every brand, product and service out there, each book is unique, and they need to be marketed in a unique way.
Below we have compiled 5 quick, easy ways you can help boost your online exposure and hopefully your book sales…
- GET WRITING – This may seem obvious, but the more you write, the more you practice, the better you get. Better books get better reviews, more sales etc. etc. Selling is also a numbers game. The more books you have, the better chance you have. Provided they’re good 🙂
- GET SOCIAL – Use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, MySpace (ok, maybe NOT MySpace). What better way to connect with your readers than social media? Be careful not to over-promote yourself, a lot of people hate that (including us).
- GET BLOGGING – Write a blog post at least once a week and share with your fans/followers. Whatever genre/themes/topics you write about, try make your blog posts also within the same theme. Your readers are interested in the topics in and around the book, so give them something interesting/funny/informative to read and they’ll love you for it.
- GET VIDEO – There’s a lot of mixed feelings about book trailers, but if they are done right (the 3 S’s: short, snappy, stylish), they do help increase traffic and help marketing efforts. You can embed them on your Amazon pages, website and share with your social media minions.
- GET SERIOUS – Ok, so you’ve written and released your book. Don’t fall in to the Field Of Dreams mentality “If you build it, they will come”. The writing is only part of the process. Marketing is almost as important.
If you are short on time, or just need some general advice on increasing your book sales, book marketing, book promotion or PR, get in touch!