The third JJ Stoner story, THIRD PERSON, has just been published and is now available at Amazon worldwide.
A target is being stalked through rain-soaked city streets. Someone is seeking JJ Stoner, independent operative, covert investigator and occasional contract killer.
The cease-fires are holding firm, so far, but someone wants to put a cat among the peace process pigeons…
THIRD PERSON features characters from the JJ Stoner / Killing Sisters series. The first full-length book in that series, ‘A Last Act of Charity’, is available in paperback and ebook.
As well as a complete, stand-alone story, THIRD PERSON includes an excerpt from ‘A Last Act of Charity’ and behind-the-scenes bonus material; ‘It Begins In The Middle.’
Please note that THIRD PERSON is intended for an adult audience and contains explicit scenes of a sexual and/or violent nature.
Feedback from reviewers for the Killing Sisters / JJ Stoner stories:
- ‘A fast-paced, high-powered thriller… Terse and stiletto streamlined and sharp as the blade of a knife.’
- ‘Sharp. Staccato. Smart. Lovers of long, luxurious, lyrical prose should read this to see how the other half writes.’
- ‘Gritty story-telling at its best, with graphic (but well-written) sex and a plot that fires from the hip.’
- ‘The tightly-written prose has more than a touch of the Elmore Leonard about it – sparse, sharp and often witty as well.’
- ‘There is hardly time to draw breath in this fast-moving adventure introducing a frighteningly capable executioner.’
- ‘Serial killings and strange sisters, hard as nails hit men and shady superiors, sleazy blues and sometimes seedy sex.’
- ‘A punchy and compelling tale of an ice-cold assassin, more nuanced than your average hired killer. The writing is sparse and crisp, the dialogue frequently laced with sardonic British edge.’
- ‘Clever dialogue and plenty of descriptive narrative providing context for the violence, depth to the characters and shape to the story.’
- ‘A brilliant read, along the lines of Jack Reacher.’
- ‘The dialogue is snappy, the characters are sharply developed, and the plot moves effortlessly forward.’
- ‘Intelligently written, with excellent characterisation, sharp wit and punchy back-n-forth dialogue.’
- ‘Rich and ambitious, this violent tale plays out with memorable scenes interspersed with writing to savour. A feast of poetic prose wrapped in noir.’
- ‘Sophisticated story-telling, written in a mature style, and targeted at a mature audience.’
About the author: Frank Westworth shares several characteristics with JJ Stoner: they both play mean blues guitar and ride Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Unlike Stoner, Frank hasn’t deliberately killed anyone. Instead, he edits a classic motorcycle magazine and has written extensively for the UK motoring press.
Click here for more info.